Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Stay Classy, San Diego"

So if you're friends with me on LinkedIn, you'll find that I usually terrorize my connections on a daily basis with social media news.  I fell in love with social media marketing because of two reasons:  policing, and an awesome professor.

The policing part stems from my glory days as an executive board member on my beloved sorority.

Because of all the bad press associated with being a greek, we had to make sure that the ladies always kept a clean, classy, Disney-rated image - especially on social media sites.  I was always researching ways not just to improve our image, but promote our organization as well.

It wasn't until I got a big girl job and starting taking a social media class (again, thanks awesome professor) that I started realizing the scope of how important your online image is.

Sometimes, the Facebook hawk in me wants to just wring some girls' necks when I see them proudly boasting their beer bottles in provocative poses, or when their statuses consist of how ridiculously, black-out, I-want-to-hook-up-with-anything-that-moves, wah-why-isn't-the-world-paying-attention-to-me, I-just-puked-in-my-best-friend's-car drunk they got last weekend.

Especially with the new Facebook Timeline, it's so much easier to have this record digitally imprinted for the rest of your life, for the entire world to see...

Including future employers.

So ladies (and gents that find the need to discuss about their unrealistic dating "life" and how they spend 2093808402834 hours at the gym), make it a resolution this year to keep your private life private and clean up your act - at least on Facebook.

You can thank me with your first full-time paycheck.

http://beerbatteredramen.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a reasonable deal - you manage online profiles and they return the favor with their first paycheck. Sounds like a scalable model.

    Admittedly, when I saw the headline, I thought I was going to read something about "Anchorman." Isn't that his tagline? Love that movie!

    Coffee soon? Drop me some dates.

    Perri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could start my own.business, I'll retire in no time!

    I was actually watching a YouTube clip from that movie that someone had posted on FB, which ultimately inspired the post lol.

    And I'm free Mon-Thurs next week after 4 or anytime next weekend! Let me know what works!

    ReplyDelete