Sunday, November 6, 2011

Trichotillo-what?!

When dealing with stress, I find that I have coping mechanisms similar to the ones people use when dealing with death. Except I'm perpetually stuck in the "denial" stage.

So instead of dealing with things that stress me out, I kinda just close my eyes, tap my ruby shoes three times, and hope that I wake up in Kansas again. Which never works and essentially leads to other ridiculous habits, like cracking my jaw or incessantly playing with my hair.

I hadn't thought much about it, even when I noticed that my hair slightly starting thinning in one particular spot. I figured it was just the stress, so I put in a deep conditioner and soon enough it was back to normal.

Then today, I find this article on my newsfeed.

I don't believe it ever got to this extreme, but with midterm season here, it's definitely a must-read.

Stress management is probably as important as time management, especially for those (like me) that have no sense of the latter. 18 credits, an internship, work, living with my parents, a relationship, and friends to make time for is incredibly difficult.

...

I'll let you know how this story ends, hopefully there's a lesson to be learned here soon.

http://beerbatteredramen.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment